If you are looking to improve your sales, we are here to help!Â One of the biggest ways in doing that is through your SEO. Â With this great blog by, Toby Nwazor, and the help from Infinity Marketing, we can help you get moving in the right direction! Â Let us know when you are ready to improve your SEO.
Not every SEO technique is equally useful to everyone.
The internet is presently one of the most reliable sources of income for lots of individuals, including businesses and organizations. It is therefore very important for them to have an online presence in ourÂ digital world.
However, even if you know how to make your own website, thatÂ is not enough. Having a website for your business does not automatically guarantee immediate turnover and financial success. There are issues such as ranking and traffic to address. It is also very important to make your website mobile responsive, because Google is not likely to send a lot of traffic to your site if it is not. And for one simple reason:Â moreÂ people browse onÂ their phones than their PCs.
That is where SEO comes in. Granted, SEO is a popular acronymÂ in the online world, and most people know something about it. But, nevertheless, there are many important facts about itÂ that you probably don’t. I will attempt to discuss fourÂ basics here in very simple languageÂ and to describe how they affect your business.
1. On-site optimization.
While SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is a popular term, a lot of people do not know what on-site optimization means. This is the process of ensuring that your website achieves acceptance by bothÂ viewers and search engines alike.
This can be achieved by putting the right keywords, key phrases, and tags on your siteâ€™s pages.Â This is what helps Google determine how to rank your website. In fact, according to thisÂ business buyer’s guide to SEO, â€œGoogle needs to know the subject matter of a site in order to categorize it properly, so it looks at whatâ€™s actually on the pages to determine the topics that are covered.â€
2. Off-site optimization.
This refers to the process of trying to achieveÂ a high rank for your website using external methods. This process is not done on your website the way on-site optimization is.
In this process, Google tries to make the sites it considers the â€œmost authoritativeâ€Â or â€œmost importantâ€Â to rank highest when a particular term is searched. Most times, a siteâ€™s perceivedÂ authorityÂ or importanceÂ is determined by how many other sites are linking to it.
So, having links to your site appear on largeÂ platforms and popular blogs helps your website rank higher with Google.
3.Â White-hat SEO.
This term refers to the application of different,Â legal optimization techniques to drive greater traffic to a website, in order to achieveÂ high rank on search engines. The intended traffic here is human traffic.
Some of the these techniques areÂ back linking,Â keyword analysis, andÂ link building. The objective is to increase the popularity of the site through writing good content that other sites can link to, thereby increasing your siteâ€™s rank.
4. Black-hat SEO.
This SEO technique involves the use of illegal techniques to achieve the same objective, high ranking. Those who practice black-hat SEO break Google’s rulesÂ to achieve raise their website’s rank. It is the direct opposite of white-hat SEO practices.
Some of these techniques are:
- Keyword stuffing
- The use of invisible text
- Creating fake pages to get the desired back links
- Using doorway pages
- Page swapping
This method, while seeing increased use, is still illegal and is not the best way to grow your online business. Black-hat SEOÂ can get your online platform banned from the ranksÂ of search engine results, frequently justÂ after you have raised your site’s visibility. It may seem to bear faster results but theÂ disadvantagesÂ are too many.
How these techniques affect your business.
- You need both on-site optimization and off-site optimizationfor your site to be considered for a place on the first page of Google. The absence of these techniques is a sure sign that you arenâ€™t really looking to get noticed, and this naturally impacts on how much patronage you get from online channels.
- If you use black-hat SEO technique to rank high, the result will be temporary.Â You may get the desired result,Â but Google will most likely find out and penalize you.
- The white-hat SEO techniques are slower in terms of getting you well-ranked, however, the result is permanent. Google will have determined that you abideÂ by its rules and regulations, and leave you alone.
- Black-hat SEO techniques are cheaper to get, but the result is not worth it. White-hat SEO techniques, on the other hand, are more expensive to use, but promiseÂ uninterrupted,Â long-term financial benefit.
- Online patronage is determined by your visibility. Your visibility is determined by your popularity and ranking, and your popularity by how well you use SEO.
The decision you make now may determine the success or failure of your business. It canÂ help you to avoid the pitfalls many frequently fall into. If you employ the right techniques, have confidence that your business will receive a massive boost. The result will be more customer traffic and frequent visits to the bank, with a genuine smile upon your face.
Toby Nwazor is an consumer-goods entrepreneur andÂ freelance writer.Â Get in touch with him for ghost writing, website content creationÂ and otherÂ professional writing services.